The summer school is postponed - new information will be posted when available.
Title: Data collection and structure determination in macromolecular crystallography
Venue: The course will be held at Aarhus University with one day visit to MAX IV Laboratory (transport included)
Dates: Monday June 8 - Saturday June 13
- Diffraction theory, data collection and data processing
- Full day site visit to the MAX IV Laboratory BioMAX beamline including data collection practical
- Serial crystallography
- Anomalous scattering, anomalous data collection and phasing with anomalous data
- Molecular replacement
- Structural biology in fragment-based drug discovery
- Map interpretation and ligand identification in maps from crystallography and cryo-EM
- Refinement of crystal and cryo-EM structures
Teaching and learning methods:
The course includes both theoretical lectures given by international experts (see Speakers and Teachers in the menu) as well as practical exercises. Each day will cover a new topic, starting with 3-4 hours of lectures followed by a lunch break and a 4-hour afternoon session with practical computer exercises giving hands experience with the topics and methods described in the morning session. The Summer School program includes an excursion to the MAX IV Laboratory in Lund, where the students will get hands-on experience in X-ray crystallographic data collection at the BioMAX beamline.
The summer school is funded by
Organized and co-funded by Aarhus University, MAX IV Laboratory and University of Copenhagen