The Inauguration of the MAX IV Laboratory
Science day – The Synchrotron we built for you
20 June 2016
In June 2016 it is time for the inauguration of the MAX IV Laboratory. During the inauguration days one day is devoted to the science, the scientists, the users. We cordially invite you to an afternoon where we would like to present the road to the new facility, show what it looks like and what you can expect when beamtimes begins. You will meet the people, see the progress and status and get first-hand information about equipment and procedures at the beamlines.
The program at a glance:
- Light lunch
- The lab by Christoph Quitmann (director) and Prof. Lenny Rivkin (head of Machine Advisory Committee).
- The machine by Machine project staff
- The beamlines by Beamline project staff
- Show of the beamlines by Beamline staff
- Tours to the accelerators
- Dinner on the lab floor
Please register your interest for this event and be aware that the number places unfortunately is limited.